Sunday, November 08, 2009

eMac upgrade update

Well, 4 of the 5 eMacs are upgraded to Leopard. Yes, they run it just fine after a memory upgrade to 1GB. I also stocked one with Open Source Software to test out. I will be recruiting teens and youth to help out with testing and getting opinions as to what works and what doesn't. So far TuxPaint has been used a lot.

Apple and bundled software:
Leopard
iLife 09 - iMovie did not upgrade due to Video Card.
iWork 09 - Apple Office Suite
The old Panther build came bundled with a couple games that I left in place as they were very popular:
Nanosaur 2
Marble Blast Gold
I also allowed access to:
Dictionary, with profanity blocked
Chess
TextEdit
Caculator

I also kept PrintShop for a desktop publishing software.

Open Source installed:
For pre-teens:
Child's Play
TuxPaint
TuxMath
TuxType
For Teens:
Celestia
Stellarium
GIMP
Inkscape
Blender
KompoZer
Scratch
SketchUp


I am still trying to load Alice. I have it on my MacBook and it runs great. The website says that it will run on a PPC Mac but when I try to install it comes up as not recognized. I am still researching this but if any of my readers know what the problem might be let me know in comments, especially if you can help me resolve the issue.

No comments: