Friday, September 22, 2006

PBWiki Central

It's neat to see what other people like but how did our staff get over 1 million cats and over 2 million dogs? I did add my 2 cats though.

I've played on Wiki's before and use several that are serving as forums for Open Source Software projects I've been tracking. Personally I think they make better resources than the old listserves or bulletin boards. They allow greater organization. I also use Wikipedia fairly often and get lots of good info from it. I also know that they can be locked down some so the absolute openness of something like Wikipedia really isn't that big a problem. I see a lot of additions to the various favorites and I think a lot of our staff are ready to take the next step of collaboration on a Wiki to share programs, ready reference information, and other staff related ideas.

No comments: